Sperm Selection For IVF-PICSI
Physiological intracytoplasmic sperm injection (PICSI) is an advanced fertility treatment procedure that is performed by fertility specialists at ESHA IVF CENTRE. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection is an in vitro fertilization procedure in which a single sperm cell is injected directly into the cytoplasm of an egg. This technique is used in order to prepare the gametes for the obtention of embryos that may be transferred to a maternal uterus. PICSI helps in selection of better quality of sperms which in turn can help in improved chances of pregnancy.
Who is The Ideal Candidate For PICSI?
- High DNA Fragmentation : males with high DNA fragmentation, that is , high DNA damaged sperms can go for PICSI, for selection of better quality sperms
- ICSI Failure: Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection is an IVF or In Vitro Fertilization procedure in which a single sperm is injected directly into the cytoplasm of an egg cell or ovum
- Repeated Miscarriage: if a couple is having repeated miscarriages probably because of low quality sperm , can opt for PICSI
Advantages Of PICSI:
- The procedure of PICSI is extremely beneficial for males whose sperms have high degree of DNA fragmentation. PICSI chooses the most genetically healthy sperm which increases the chances of fertilisation
- PICSI chooses a sperm on the basis of its genetic matter and ability to fuse & fertilise, unlike ICSI which chooses a sperm only on the basis of its appearance. Sometimes, a sperm that is healthy looking from its appearance, might be carrying genetic matters
- The procedure of PICSI is easy to conduct
As PICSI is a relatively new procedure, we take extra care and precautions for a higher success rate of pregnancy. Esha IVF ensures safe practice , effective treatment and affordable cost for PICSI. We have the best doctors with decades of experience as IVF specialist,fertility specialist and embryologist . To know more about PICSI, get in touch with us now. Book your appointment now!